- There are just certain things that I see and think “this has to be a Friday link.” This is one of those things.
- People are forever telling my mom that she looks just like Meryl Streep, I can only hope that means good things for my own aging. (Also, let’s be honest, Colin Firth is the real star here)
- Turns out Word with Friends is basically a dating app. True story, I once had a crush on a guy but found out he was an awful Words with Friends player and it was sort of a deal breaker.
- This article gives a great perspective on the wedding industry and what it’s done to our thinking. “To look at a single day as “belonging” to you, and to look at wedding essentials as party planning, ignores the truth of what a wedding is: a blessing, a sending forth, a promise to hold the life and hopes of two people in the community, the family, that they love.”
- Pretty sure the pairings box from Turntable Kitchen would help make my life a little more “Kinfolk-esque”
- If you are one of my friends going to True/False in a couple weeks, here is a handy youtube playlist of a bunch of the trailers for the films. I just watched them all and I’m filling up with anticipation!
- Downton Abbey’s neighbors (via McSweeney’s). I’m dying…but really.
- Emily told me that the aesthetic of this music video reminds her of me. Hint: Its grey, bleak, and angsty. May I present the video for Taylor Swift’s ‘Safe and Sound‘ featuring The Civil Wars.
- “I’m Not Okay with Chris Brown Performing at the Grammys and I’m Not Sure Why You Are.” Right on. (via HelloGiggles)
- 20 years ago, 28,000 bath toys fell off a ship in the Pacific Ocean. Here’s what happened.
- 40 Things that happen to you as a single adult in church. Pure brilliance from Jon Acuff.
- An incredible story about JFK’s mistress Mimi Alford. (via The Washington Post)