We know it’s been quiet around here, but we’ve got big plans-promise! You see, there are some best friends who get engaged in the same week, but Katie and I are the kind of best friends who lose their jobs in the same week (and then find new jobs in the same week!) so we’ve been a little busy.
- My week has been dominated by one thing: Downton Abbey. I’m obsessed. Its all I think about. And lucky for you, the entire 1st season is on Netflix! Also, read this article by the New York Times about Publishers suggesting books for those who love the show.
- Kathryn tweeted this poem earlier and I read it three times in a row.“In Love, His Grammar Grew…”
- My book recommendations for the winter are as follows: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Slaughterhouse V, and Bird by Bird.
- I advise you to watch the trailer for “Moonrise Kingdom” immediately. Swoon.
- “Post-Break Up Blog Post Titles“. Couldn’t resist.
- Speaking of those engaged friends, can I just brag on my pretty friend Meagan? Check out her gorgeous engagement session by the sweet Rylee Hitchner. Can’t wait until everyone get to see the beautiful wedding!
- Totally in love with this beautiful home that was once a chapel! That spiral staircase is too much!
- Holly Burns’ blog was the first blog I ever started following and she’s still just as wonderful. Her 2011 book list is full of great books i’m definitely adding to my growing list for 2012!
- Sorry mama, but I really like this quote by Michelle Obama
- This week’s episode of This American Life is fascinating and raises a lot of hard questions about the true price we pay for our technology