- Nothing breaks you out of the winter doldrums like a good fort. Rookie provides a great guide on how to make a proper one.
- The Voyager spacecraft has finally entered uncharted territory. If this doesn’t excite you, you obviously don’t know about the Voyager Golden Record. Educate yourself, friends.
- Katie and I harbor dreams of one day doing some sort of urban art project. This phantom library sculptor is a great example.
- This is hilarious “How the NPR voices look in my head”
- Once I was on a train next to a girl who had two iTunes playlists: “chill” and “party.” I don’t know what it’s like to be so uncomplicated, that’s why I can really identify with this mixtape of emotions.
- This video of jellyfish is wonderful and terrifying.
- One of my favorite pastimes is imagining end of the world scenarios. And that is why I love this piece by David Carr.
- Bring on the end of the year montages! Here’s a good one from The Atlantic: The Entire Year in Movies.
- Mom (or Santa), if you are reading this, then I want this tote for Christmas. (Native(X) Wasco Tote via Well Spent)
- This is an wonderful piece from The New Yorker about a family’s loss and how they they started living again. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry…
- Lastly, there are 3 documentaries that you should probably watch: Life in a Day, Waiting for Superman, and Page One. Plus, they are all on Netflix instant watch now. Score!