- Thanksgiving break is upon us, friends! For me that means maybe, juuuust maybe, i’ll get the chance to read something not required. A book is, unfortunately, out of the question but I think i’ll I have a chance to work through someofthesearticles. (via Conor Friedersdorf and his flawless Best of Journalism newsletter)
- If you haven’t purposely turned on Adele because you want to cry then you are a robot.
- Madewell’s storyteller scarves are things of beauty and wonder.
- This needs to be in my crockpot, STAT
- “What Was There” uses google street view overlaid with old photos of what used to be there. History is pretty cool, yall.
- James Vincent McMorrow and Gregory Alan Isakov will serve as my “wistful train music” on my way to Chicago to reunite with Katie and friends for “Treat Yo Self 2011 Part II”
- First of all, my new jam is “Heartbeat” by Childish Gambino.
- During my morning commute I am constantly wondering what people have blasting through their headphones. Here’s a Tumblr that takes pictures of people listening to music on public transportation and interviews them. (via Kathryn White. Duh.)
- Free download of a new track by Samantha Ronson and the Undertakers. Don’t hate me. This track rules.
- Last night I watched apple trailers for WAY too long. Here are the ones that stood out: The Hunger Games, Snow White and the Huntsman, My Week With Marilyn, The Iron Lady, and Carnage.
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe. You’re welcome.
- Marcel the Shell With Shoes On, Two. “Guess why I smile alot? Uhh…because it’s worth it.”