- Trees grown into bridges in India. How fantastical and beautiful!
- My roommate bought a bread maker at a garage sale last weekend and we have been enjoying delicious homemade bread all week. I love this post on the NPR food blog about the healing power of cooking for someone.
- Being in school for counseling means that I cry in public a lot, as in I have a study carrel in the library that I use specifically for that purpose. If you in any way relate to that you will probably enjoy this insightful NYTimes article on the subject. (Via A Cup of Jo)
- Mindy Kaling has a website and that is wonderful. Now if only her book would come sooner!
- This photo is unbelievable.
- Katie and I have discussed our confusion about engagement photo shoots at length. I just don’t really understand the purpose (are we alone in this?) That being said, I sort of love this. I don’t need a fiance, I just need any boy to take pictures and twirl me around in a library- just for an afternoon, I’m not looking for a big commitment here.
Katie (short version. sorry guys).
- New music alert! Listen to new Rachael Yamagata and Marketa Irglova.
- A wonderful interview by Maurice Sendak. “I refuse to lie to children.” (via The Guardian)
- Make this immediately: black bean and sweet potato tacos. (via Joy the Baker)
- The AV Club’s fitting tribute to Steve Jobs.
- “What’s the most important lesson you learned from a teacher?” (via PLoS Blogs)